Over one lakh duplicate voters in Kadapa district
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): There were over one lakh duplicate voters in the voters list in Kadapa district, state Chief Election Officer Banwar Lal said here on Saturday.
Kadapa is the native district of YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Addressing a meeting of political parties and officials at the Collectorate today, he said that about 50,000 duplicate voters were noticed in the list of Kadapa Municipal Corporation itself.
He directed the officials to eliminate all the duplicate voters from the list and complete the de-duplication process at the earliest..
Lal informed that the Election Commission was conducting a household survey of voters in the state which is expected to be completed by June 24.
He also said that the figures furnished by the officials pertaining to voters enrolment in the district were vague and directed them to correct it soon, failing which serious action would be initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what