Owaisi attack case: 7 accused sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Seven accused in last week`s
attack on Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator
Akbaruddin Owaisi were on Wednesday remanded in 14 days of judicial
custody by a court.
The seven arrested persons, including alleged
mastermind behind the attack Mohammad Pahelwan, were produced
in the court under heavy security cover.
They were later shifted to Cherlapally jail.
Owaisi sustained serious bullet and stab injuries when
a group of 10-11 people attacked him at Barkas in Old City on
Saturday when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta assembly
constituency. Akbaruddin is currently undergoing treatment at
Care Hospital in Banjara Hills.
Meanwhile, doctors attending on Akbaruddin said his
condition was improving.
In another related development, police today served
notice on a local television channel for telecasting the video
footage of the attack on Owaisi. Anticipating law and order
problems, the police asked the management of 4tv (a Urdu
channel) to stop telecast of the footage from immediate
The telecast reportedly triggered tension in Old City
area last night as MIM supporters pelted stones at a hotel and
function hall owned by Pahelwan`s family members even as some
mainstream channels also beamed the the visuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon