Owaisi attack case: 7 accused sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Seven accused in last week`s
attack on Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator
Akbaruddin Owaisi were on Wednesday remanded in 14 days of judicial
custody by a court.
The seven arrested persons, including alleged
mastermind behind the attack Mohammad Pahelwan, were produced
in the court under heavy security cover.
They were later shifted to Cherlapally jail.
Owaisi sustained serious bullet and stab injuries when
a group of 10-11 people attacked him at Barkas in Old City on
Saturday when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta assembly
constituency. Akbaruddin is currently undergoing treatment at
Care Hospital in Banjara Hills.
Meanwhile, doctors attending on Akbaruddin said his
condition was improving.
In another related development, police today served
notice on a local television channel for telecasting the video
footage of the attack on Owaisi. Anticipating law and order
problems, the police asked the management of 4tv (a Urdu
channel) to stop telecast of the footage from immediate
The telecast reportedly triggered tension in Old City
area last night as MIM supporters pelted stones at a hotel and
function hall owned by Pahelwan`s family members even as some
mainstream channels also beamed the the visuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm