Owaisi case: Cong for `strictest` steps on politics of hate
New Delhi: As controversy raged over the `hate speech` of MIM MLA from Andhra Pradesh Akbaruddin Owaisi, Congress on Thursday advocated "strictest possible steps" against those doing politics of hate.
"Law will take its own course. If any person whether he is a politician or otherwise tries to spread hatred in the country and do politics of hatred, then strictest possible action should be taken against them.
"I am sure the Andhra Pradesh government will take action," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Reacting strongly to Owaisi`s speech, BJP earlier today demanded his immediate arrest and slammed the Centre`s "deafening silence" on the issue.
In a statement, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha described the speech as "pure poison" and "objectionable in the extreme".
Akbaruddin, brother of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community in a public speech at Adilabad last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata