Owaisi case: Cong for `strictest` steps on politics of hate
New Delhi: As controversy raged over the `hate speech` of MIM MLA from Andhra Pradesh Akbaruddin Owaisi, Congress on Thursday advocated "strictest possible steps" against those doing politics of hate.
"Law will take its own course. If any person whether he is a politician or otherwise tries to spread hatred in the country and do politics of hatred, then strictest possible action should be taken against them.
"I am sure the Andhra Pradesh government will take action," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Reacting strongly to Owaisi`s speech, BJP earlier today demanded his immediate arrest and slammed the Centre`s "deafening silence" on the issue.
In a statement, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha described the speech as "pure poison" and "objectionable in the extreme".
Akbaruddin, brother of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community in a public speech at Adilabad last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested