Owaisi case: Cong for `strictest` steps on politics of hate
New Delhi: As controversy raged over the `hate speech` of MIM MLA from Andhra Pradesh Akbaruddin Owaisi, Congress on Thursday advocated "strictest possible steps" against those doing politics of hate.
"Law will take its own course. If any person whether he is a politician or otherwise tries to spread hatred in the country and do politics of hatred, then strictest possible action should be taken against them.
"I am sure the Andhra Pradesh government will take action," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Reacting strongly to Owaisi`s speech, BJP earlier today demanded his immediate arrest and slammed the Centre`s "deafening silence" on the issue.
In a statement, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha described the speech as "pure poison" and "objectionable in the extreme".
Akbaruddin, brother of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community in a public speech at Adilabad last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in