Owaisi case: Cong for `strictest` steps on politics of hate
New Delhi: As controversy raged over the `hate speech` of MIM MLA from Andhra Pradesh Akbaruddin Owaisi, Congress on Thursday advocated "strictest possible steps" against those doing politics of hate.
"Law will take its own course. If any person whether he is a politician or otherwise tries to spread hatred in the country and do politics of hatred, then strictest possible action should be taken against them.
"I am sure the Andhra Pradesh government will take action," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Reacting strongly to Owaisi`s speech, BJP earlier today demanded his immediate arrest and slammed the Centre`s "deafening silence" on the issue.
In a statement, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha described the speech as "pure poison" and "objectionable in the extreme".
Akbaruddin, brother of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community in a public speech at Adilabad last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university