Owaisi case: Cong for `strictest` steps on politics of hate
New Delhi: As controversy raged over the `hate speech` of MIM MLA from Andhra Pradesh Akbaruddin Owaisi, Congress on Thursday advocated "strictest possible steps" against those doing politics of hate.
"Law will take its own course. If any person whether he is a politician or otherwise tries to spread hatred in the country and do politics of hatred, then strictest possible action should be taken against them.
"I am sure the Andhra Pradesh government will take action," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Reacting strongly to Owaisi`s speech, BJP earlier today demanded his immediate arrest and slammed the Centre`s "deafening silence" on the issue.
In a statement, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha described the speech as "pure poison" and "objectionable in the extreme".
Akbaruddin, brother of MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community in a public speech at Adilabad last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?