Owaisi speech could be referred to ethics committee: AP Speaker
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar on Friday said the "hate speech" by Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi could be referred to the Ethics Committee of the House.
"This is an issue concerning ethical conduct of a legislator. Members are expected to act with restraint, responsibility and dignity," the Speaker told reporters here when the issue of Akbar`s last month`s controversial speech in Adilabad district came up.
"If any such thing happens within the House it can be referred to the Ethics Committee. Since it happened outside the Assembly, there is the executive, the police, to look into it. But how to react to it is under active consideration," he said.
Asked if Akbar`s speech would be referred to the Ethics Committee, the Speaker said it was a possibility. "This is the first such case in our Assembly history. There were a couple of cases in Parliament. The Ethics Committee will submit a report after an inquiry and recommend necessary action."
The Speaker also said that so far he has not been formally informed by police about the case registered against Akbaruddin, who is the floor leader of the seven-member MIM in the Assembly.
Meanwhile, photos of Akbaruddin partying with friends in London appeared on fans` page on Facebook, even as the state police pasted notices on the gate of his residence at Banjara Hills here, seeking his presence in connection with the criminal cases registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you