`Pact between Jagan, pro-Telangana elements`
Hyderabad: Stepping up the attack on Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in the run up to the ensuing bypolls, a minister in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday alleged that the YSR Congress president had a "tacit understanding" with pro-Telangana elements.
"Those in favour of united Andhra Pradesh need to keep an eye on Jagan Reddy`s party, which had a tacit understanding with pro-Telangana elements," state Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath told reporters.
Meanwhile, state Endowments Minister C Ramachandraiah claimed that had late YS Rajasekhara Reddy been alive, he would have been accused number one in cases involving Jagan.
The comments by the ministers came against the backdrop of an intensified attack by state Congress leaders on Jagan who has been critical of the Congress government.
The bypolls will be held in 18 assembly seats. The bypolls are necessitated in 16 seats due to the disqualification of sitting Congress by Assembly Speaker for switching loyalty to Jagan voting against Congress government during a floor test in December, while another sitting member quit in support of the Kadapa MP.
Actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi quit his seat following his election to Rajya Sabha which caused bypoll.
Congress also faced a dilemma on its stance on the allegations of corruption surrounding late Rajasekhara Reddy`s regime over the cases involving Jagan.
While some section of Congress leaders like V Hanumantha Rao said Jagan cannot be seen in isolation, others opposed the argument.
Meanwhile, the YSR Congress had said criticising late Rajasekhara Reddy would boomerang and spell doom for Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi