Pallam Raju`s convoy vehicle hits auto, 5 killed
Hyderabad: Five persons were killed when a car which was part of Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju`s convoy hit an autorickshaw in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district Thursday, police said.
Police said five persons including four women, who were travelling in the three-wheeler were killed in the mishap that took place in Perumallapuram in Todangi Mandal.
Seven persons including three policemen were also injured in the accident. They have been admitted to a government-run hospital in Kakinada.
Police said the minister, who was on his way to attend an official programme at a village near Kakinada town, was unhurt. Shocked over the accident, the minister got down from his car and supervised the relief operations.
He, however, had to face the ire of the relatives of the victims who rushed to the scene after learning about the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender