Pallam Raju`s convoy vehicle hits auto, 5 killed
Hyderabad: Five persons were killed when a car which was part of Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju`s convoy hit an autorickshaw in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district Thursday, police said.
Police said five persons including four women, who were travelling in the three-wheeler were killed in the mishap that took place in Perumallapuram in Todangi Mandal.
Seven persons including three policemen were also injured in the accident. They have been admitted to a government-run hospital in Kakinada.
Police said the minister, who was on his way to attend an official programme at a village near Kakinada town, was unhurt. Shocked over the accident, the minister got down from his car and supervised the relief operations.
He, however, had to face the ire of the relatives of the victims who rushed to the scene after learning about the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'