Panchayat offers money to rape victim`s family to keep quite
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a shocking incident, a panchayat in Andhra Pradesh reportedly offered money to the parents of a girl who was allegedly raped and asked them to keep quite.
The eleven-year-old girl was raped on Friday night in a village in Visakhapatnam district, as per reports. The matter came to light on Sunday when the parents of the girl filed a complaint against the accused. He is said to be a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
The girl`s parents had approached the panchayat, asking them to solve the issue. As per reports, instead the village elders asked the parents to keep quiet and offered them Rs 1,500 to foot medical bills.
Meanwhile, the accused is said to have been arrested and the role of the panchayat is being probed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister