Panchayat offers money to rape victim`s family to keep quite
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a shocking incident, a panchayat in Andhra Pradesh reportedly offered money to the parents of a girl who was allegedly raped and asked them to keep quite.
The eleven-year-old girl was raped on Friday night in a village in Visakhapatnam district, as per reports. The matter came to light on Sunday when the parents of the girl filed a complaint against the accused. He is said to be a 30-year-old farmer Appa Rao.
The girl`s parents had approached the panchayat, asking them to solve the issue. As per reports, instead the village elders asked the parents to keep quiet and offered them Rs 1,500 to foot medical bills.
Meanwhile, the accused is said to have been arrested and the role of the panchayat is being probed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum