Panchayat official, friend held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: A gram panchayat official and his friend were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.7 lakh from a complainant in Andhra Pradesh`s Ranga Reddy district, ACB said.
Ch Narahari, executive officer at Medchal gram panchayat, demanded and accepted a bribe of Rs 1.70 lakh through his friend M Narasimha Reddy last night at a restaurant at Boinpally, a release from the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said.
Narahari accepted the bribe from the complainant, Rami Reddy, for doing favour by issuing permission for construction of a building at Medchal.
Narahari and his friend would be produced in the ACB Special Court here later in the day, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief