Panchayat official, friend held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: A gram panchayat official and his friend were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.7 lakh from a complainant in Andhra Pradesh`s Ranga Reddy district, ACB said.
Ch Narahari, executive officer at Medchal gram panchayat, demanded and accepted a bribe of Rs 1.70 lakh through his friend M Narasimha Reddy last night at a restaurant at Boinpally, a release from the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said.
Narahari accepted the bribe from the complainant, Rami Reddy, for doing favour by issuing permission for construction of a building at Medchal.
Narahari and his friend would be produced in the ACB Special Court here later in the day, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday