Panchayat official, friend held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: A gram panchayat official and his friend were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.7 lakh from a complainant in Andhra Pradesh`s Ranga Reddy district, ACB said.
Ch Narahari, executive officer at Medchal gram panchayat, demanded and accepted a bribe of Rs 1.70 lakh through his friend M Narasimha Reddy last night at a restaurant at Boinpally, a release from the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said.
Narahari accepted the bribe from the complainant, Rami Reddy, for doing favour by issuing permission for construction of a building at Medchal.
Narahari and his friend would be produced in the ACB Special Court here later in the day, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued