Panchayat official, friend held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: A gram panchayat official and his friend were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.7 lakh from a complainant in Andhra Pradesh`s Ranga Reddy district, ACB said.
Ch Narahari, executive officer at Medchal gram panchayat, demanded and accepted a bribe of Rs 1.70 lakh through his friend M Narasimha Reddy last night at a restaurant at Boinpally, a release from the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said.
Narahari accepted the bribe from the complainant, Rami Reddy, for doing favour by issuing permission for construction of a building at Medchal.
Narahari and his friend would be produced in the ACB Special Court here later in the day, the release said.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments