Panel arrives in Hyderabad to study AP division modalities
Hyderabad: A special task force headed by former Director General of CRPF K Vijayakumar, constituted by Union Ministry of Home Affairs to study security scenario that would arise upon the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh among other things, arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day tour.
Vijayakumar told reporters on his arrival that he would hold consultations with the task force members and consultative committee members and submit a report to the Union Home Ministry.
"I will speak to the media after these talks," he said but did not reveal the task on their hand.
The MHA constituted the task force yesterday to study the security scenario, division of assets and administrative framework in the event of the state`s bifurcation.
Former Directors General of Police H J Dora, C Anjaneya Reddy, A K Mohanty and K Aravinda Rao are part of the consultative committee that would engage in deliberations with the task force, official sources here said.
The deliberations will continue for three days, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender