Panel arrives in Hyderabad to study AP division modalities
Hyderabad: A special task force headed by former Director General of CRPF K Vijayakumar, constituted by Union Ministry of Home Affairs to study security scenario that would arise upon the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh among other things, arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day tour.
Vijayakumar told reporters on his arrival that he would hold consultations with the task force members and consultative committee members and submit a report to the Union Home Ministry.
"I will speak to the media after these talks," he said but did not reveal the task on their hand.
The MHA constituted the task force yesterday to study the security scenario, division of assets and administrative framework in the event of the state`s bifurcation.
Former Directors General of Police H J Dora, C Anjaneya Reddy, A K Mohanty and K Aravinda Rao are part of the consultative committee that would engage in deliberations with the task force, official sources here said.
The deliberations will continue for three days, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites