Panel set up to study division of assets between Telangana, AP
New Delhi: The Centre has constituted a high- level committee headed by former CRPF chief, K Vijay Kumar, to look at the division of assets and the administrative framework which would be required when Telangana is created upon bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
The committee, which will visit Hyderabad tomorrow, will interact with professionals, state government officials and government bodies before preparing its report.
It will also look at various options regarding the division of assets between the new state of Telangana and the residuary one of Andhra Pradesh, official sources said.
"The team`s visit is of an exploratory nature," a source added.
It will submit its report to the GoM set up to look into the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
The said GoM, which has met twice, has already held detailed discussions regarding the sharing of river waters, power, distribution of assets and demarcation of boundaries.
Headed by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, the GoM has already discussed the approach and methodology to be adopted by it.
It will seek the opinions of stakeholders on all important issues while formulating its recommendations, the GoM has said.
The terms of reference for the GoM are to determine the boundaries of the new state and the residuary state with reference to electoral constituencies, judicial and statutory bodies, and other administrative units.
It will also look into the legal and administrative measures required to ensure that both the Telangana and Andhra Pradesh governments can function efficiently from Hyderabad as their common capital for 10 years.
The panel will take into account the legal, financial and administrative measures that may be required for the transition to a new capital by the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3