Paramilitary forces to be deployed for AP bypolls
Rajahmundry (AP): Over 17,000 personnel of Paramilitary forces would be deployed alongside the local police to ensure peaceful by-elections in Andhra Pradesh on June 12, state DGP V Dinesh Reddy said.
As many as 171 companies of paramilitary forces from Andhra Pradesh, 15 companies each from Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, would be deployed for the by-polls, in addition to local police, Reddy told reporters here yesterday.
The elections are scheduled for one Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats.
The main roads leading to constituencies and the districts concerned have been sealed to check the flow of money and liquor, he said.
Besides, amounts of Rs 3 crore in West Godavari, Rs 2 crore in Guntur and Rs 1.50 crore in East Godavari district have so far been seized during checking.
In the run up to the polls, all the constituencies would be supervised by district superintendent of police for ensuring fair elections and campaigning would not be allowed after 5pm on June 10, he said.
On the day of polls, special striking forces would be deployed to meet any eventuality. A round-the-clock election control room would function to monitor the poll process and video monitoring would also be arranged, he said.
The state police was ready to meet any eventuality in conducting the by-elections fairly and peacefully and to attend any immediate requirement in elections, he said.
Reddy later reviewed arrangements for the purpose in Guntur, East Godavari and West Godavari districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?