Paramilitary forces to be deployed for AP bypolls
Rajahmundry (AP): Over 17,000 personnel of Paramilitary forces would be deployed alongside the local police to ensure peaceful by-elections in Andhra Pradesh on June 12, state DGP V Dinesh Reddy said.
As many as 171 companies of paramilitary forces from Andhra Pradesh, 15 companies each from Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, would be deployed for the by-polls, in addition to local police, Reddy told reporters here yesterday.
The elections are scheduled for one Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats.
The main roads leading to constituencies and the districts concerned have been sealed to check the flow of money and liquor, he said.
Besides, amounts of Rs 3 crore in West Godavari, Rs 2 crore in Guntur and Rs 1.50 crore in East Godavari district have so far been seized during checking.
In the run up to the polls, all the constituencies would be supervised by district superintendent of police for ensuring fair elections and campaigning would not be allowed after 5pm on June 10, he said.
On the day of polls, special striking forces would be deployed to meet any eventuality. A round-the-clock election control room would function to monitor the poll process and video monitoring would also be arranged, he said.
The state police was ready to meet any eventuality in conducting the by-elections fairly and peacefully and to attend any immediate requirement in elections, he said.
Reddy later reviewed arrangements for the purpose in Guntur, East Godavari and West Godavari districts.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016