Park Hospital fire: Another nurse succumbs to asphyxiation
Hyderabad: The toll in the `Park
Superspeciality Hospital` fire incident rose to three with one
more nurse succumbing to asphyxiation in a hospital on Thursday.
Nurse Respa (27), a native of Guntur district, who was
undergoing treatment at a nearby private hospital died today.
"Respa along with two other nurses was being treated
for inhaling excess smoke during the fire mishap but since
admission, her condition was critical and she died today,"
hospital sources said adding the condition of one more person
is "very serious" while four others are in medication.
A major fire broke out at `Park Super-speciality
Hospital` on February 1, leaving two persons dead including a
nurse D Usharani, who died yesterday.
Nearly 37 persons, including 29 patients who were
undergoing treatment in ICU and other emergency wards, at Park
Hospital were shifted to nearby hospitals and most them have
Eight persons including two nurses and a doctor were
injured as they inhaled excess smoke and jumped from the
second floor when huge flames and dark smoke engulfed the
five-storey hospital building, even as 150 persons including
patients, their relatives and staff were rescued.
Meanwhile, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
sealed the fifth floor and directed the owner/occupier not to
use the premises till unauthorised and deviated portions were
removed and necessary occupancy certificate is obtained from
the Municipal Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes