Park Hospital fire: Another nurse succumbs to asphyxiation
Hyderabad: The toll in the `Park
Superspeciality Hospital` fire incident rose to three with one
more nurse succumbing to asphyxiation in a hospital on Thursday.
Nurse Respa (27), a native of Guntur district, who was
undergoing treatment at a nearby private hospital died today.
"Respa along with two other nurses was being treated
for inhaling excess smoke during the fire mishap but since
admission, her condition was critical and she died today,"
hospital sources said adding the condition of one more person
is "very serious" while four others are in medication.
A major fire broke out at `Park Super-speciality
Hospital` on February 1, leaving two persons dead including a
nurse D Usharani, who died yesterday.
Nearly 37 persons, including 29 patients who were
undergoing treatment in ICU and other emergency wards, at Park
Hospital were shifted to nearby hospitals and most them have
Eight persons including two nurses and a doctor were
injured as they inhaled excess smoke and jumped from the
second floor when huge flames and dark smoke engulfed the
five-storey hospital building, even as 150 persons including
patients, their relatives and staff were rescued.
Meanwhile, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
sealed the fifth floor and directed the owner/occupier not to
use the premises till unauthorised and deviated portions were
removed and necessary occupancy certificate is obtained from
the Municipal Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery