Park Hospital fire: Another nurse succumbs to asphyxiation
Hyderabad: The toll in the `Park
Superspeciality Hospital` fire incident rose to three with one
more nurse succumbing to asphyxiation in a hospital on Thursday.
Nurse Respa (27), a native of Guntur district, who was
undergoing treatment at a nearby private hospital died today.
"Respa along with two other nurses was being treated
for inhaling excess smoke during the fire mishap but since
admission, her condition was critical and she died today,"
hospital sources said adding the condition of one more person
is "very serious" while four others are in medication.
A major fire broke out at `Park Super-speciality
Hospital` on February 1, leaving two persons dead including a
nurse D Usharani, who died yesterday.
Nearly 37 persons, including 29 patients who were
undergoing treatment in ICU and other emergency wards, at Park
Hospital were shifted to nearby hospitals and most them have
Eight persons including two nurses and a doctor were
injured as they inhaled excess smoke and jumped from the
second floor when huge flames and dark smoke engulfed the
five-storey hospital building, even as 150 persons including
patients, their relatives and staff were rescued.
Meanwhile, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
sealed the fifth floor and directed the owner/occupier not to
use the premises till unauthorised and deviated portions were
removed and necessary occupancy certificate is obtained from
the Municipal Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31