Passenger held with 12 gold biscuits at Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A passenger was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly trying to smuggle 12 gold biscuits worth Rs 40 lakh hidden in his body cavities and clothes at Rajiv Gandhi international airport here.
Mohd Riyaz, who belongs to Tamil Nadu, was found to have concealed eight out of the twelve gold biscuits, each weighing 116 gms, in his rectum and the rest in his socks, according to a Customs official.
Riyaz, a frequent flyer, had landed from Dubai when he was intercepted by the sleuths on a tip-off, he told a news agency.
The biscuits weighed 1.4 kgs and were collectively valued at Rs 40 lakh, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur