Passenger remanded for misbehaving with air hostess on board
Hyderabad: An air passenger arrested on
charges of misbehaving with an air hostess on board a
Dubai-Hyderbad flight, was remanded to 14 days judicial
custody here today.
Riyad Khalfan, a native of Abu Dhabi, was taken into
custody on his arrival at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(RGAI), Shamshabad, yesterday after an air hostess filed a
complaint against him for harassing her on board an Emirates
flight, Shamshabad airport police Sub-Inspector Anjaiah said.
Khalfan was produced before the 8th munsif magistrate at
Rajenderanagar who sent Khalfan to 14 days judicial remand.
A case was booked against him under section 354
(asserting a woman with an intention to outrage her modesty),
and 509 of IPC (an act intending to insult the modesty of
woman), he said.
The complainant has alleged that Khalfan, who boarded the
flight from Abu Dhabi, continued misbehaving with her despite
her repeated requests, the police official said.
The air-hostess first informed the matter to flight
captain who in turn alerted the Air Traffic Control (ATC)
officials at RGIA, Anjaiha said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights