Passenger remanded for misbehaving with air hostess on board
Hyderabad: An air passenger arrested on
charges of misbehaving with an air hostess on board a
Dubai-Hyderbad flight, was remanded to 14 days judicial
custody here today.
Riyad Khalfan, a native of Abu Dhabi, was taken into
custody on his arrival at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(RGAI), Shamshabad, yesterday after an air hostess filed a
complaint against him for harassing her on board an Emirates
flight, Shamshabad airport police Sub-Inspector Anjaiah said.
Khalfan was produced before the 8th munsif magistrate at
Rajenderanagar who sent Khalfan to 14 days judicial remand.
A case was booked against him under section 354
(asserting a woman with an intention to outrage her modesty),
and 509 of IPC (an act intending to insult the modesty of
woman), he said.
The complainant has alleged that Khalfan, who boarded the
flight from Abu Dhabi, continued misbehaving with her despite
her repeated requests, the police official said.
The air-hostess first informed the matter to flight
captain who in turn alerted the Air Traffic Control (ATC)
officials at RGIA, Anjaiha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends