Passenger train proceeds leaving few coaches behind
Hyderabad: Passengers of a Bangalore-bound train found themselves "left behind", after bogies in which they were seated, ended up getting "detached" from the train, which proceeded only with its front-end coaches.
The incident occurred between Kachiguda and Falaknuma railway stations here, after the screw coupling linking S-7 and S-8 sleeper coaches of the Samparkranti train (Nizamuddin- Yashwantpur) suddenly malfunctioned due to which some coaches got separated, South Central Railway Chief Public Relations Officer K Sambasiva Rao said, adding that nobody was hurt.
The railway locomotive pilot immediately noticed the separation and stopped the train which had by then proceeded some distance.
Later, railway officials sent the front-end portion comprising the engine as well as coach number 5 to Falaknuma, while rear-end bogies were taken to Kachiguda, he said.
Sleeper coach (S-7) was detached from the train and passengers were accommodated in another compartment. The separated coaches were then clubbed together with the train, which resumed its journey after three and a half hours, the the Officer said.
"A thorough inquiry is being conducted to find the cause behind the incident and malfunctioning of the screw coupling," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters