Pavan Kalyan`s party not in election fray this time
Visakhapatnam: Telugu film star Pavan Kalyan, who recently launched Jana Sena Party, on Thursday said his party would not contest the upcoming elections, though he supported Narendra Modi for the prime minister`s post.
"I am not participating in elections this time. The reason is, we are divided into two states. There are many problems," he said.
Kalyan added that he could have fielded independent candidates even though his fledgling party did not get recognition from Election Commission in time, but he was not doing that either.
"I don`t want to contest because I don`t want to split votes," he said, addressing Sena`s first public meeting in the coastal city this evening.
Kalyan, the youngest brother of Union minister Chiranjeevi, appealed to his fans and supporters to vote for whichever party or candidate they believed in.
"You vote for someone who you feel can build the new state (of Seemandhra) and the new capital," he said.
Kalyan, who recently met Modi in Ahmedabad, hailed latter`s leadership. "Our country needs a leader who can plainly speak the truth. Did we have a prime minister for the last some years who can forcefully speak and inspire us? Is there anyone? I have found such leadership qualities in Narendra Modi. That`s why I met him.
"It does not matter whether he belonged to BJP or any other party," he said.
Repeatedly expressing anger over the way Andhra Pradesh was divided, he said, "Modi rightly asked whether a mother can separate the children like this."
"Dear Shri Narendra Modi-ji, sir, I?believe in your defining and definitive leadership. I would like to see you and we would like to see you as Prime Minister," he said.
His party would resort to agitations if the governments that would come up in Seemandhra and Telangana post elections diverted from the path of public service and ethics, he said.
The actor-turned-politician said he would quit politics if it was proved that "I have taken one rupee from anyone or asked for a post".
He came down heavily on Congress high command for the manner in which Andhra Pradesh was divided.
Pavan Kalyan also released a book titled `ISM`, co-authored by him with a friend, on the ideology of Jana Sena.
Touching upon some points of the ideology, he said the law should apply equally to all citizens and not conveniently twisted for the rich and the powerful and political leaders should selflessly work for public welfare without considerations of religion, caste, language or creed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in