Pawan Kalyan may join hands with BJP
Hyderabad: Popular Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan, who floated a political party last week, is likely to have an electoral alliance with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for the forthcoming elections.
Pawan, who launched Jana Sena with the slogan of `Congress hatao, desh bachao` (remove Congress, save the country) will meet senior BJP leaders in Delhi Tuesday.
He is likely to hold talks with BJP president Rajnath Singh, senior leaders LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj.
Pawan, younger brother of Congress leader and union minister K Chiranjeevi, will then fly to Ahmedabad to meet BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The alliance may lead to a new political alignment in Andhra Pradesh as talks are already on between the BJP and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for seat adjustment. Three parties may join hands to contest simultaneous polls to the Lok Sabha and state assembly.
While launching the party March 14, the actor bitterly criticized Congress for dividing Andhra Pradesh but spared BJP and TDP.
He had declared that he is ready to join hands with any party except Congress. Both BJP and TDP reportedly sent feelers to Pawan for an alliance. They believe the young star would help them attract voters, especially the youth in Seemandhra or residuary Andhra Pradesh.
While unveiling the policy and programme, Pawan was not clear if he and his party would contest the coming elections. He indicated that building the party would be a long-drawn exercise.
Jana Sena is reportedly keen to contest five Lok Sabha and 30 Assembly seats both in Seemandhra and Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks