Pawan Kalyan, Naga Babu deny joining TDP
Hyderabad: Telugu film actors Pawan Kalyan and Nagendra Babu, brothers of Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, have denied reports they are joining the Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Naga Babu, as Nagendra Babu is popularly known, in a statement released on Wednesday said they had no plans to join politics and were busy in the film industry.
He said the reports were baseless and created unnecessary confusion among their fans.
TDP senior leader and former minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu on Tuesday said TDP would invite them if they wish to join the party. Ramakrishnudu said the TDP was the right platform to serve the Telugu people and work for their development.
Popular actor N Balakrishna, brother-in-law of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, reportedly held talks with Pawan Kalyan and Naga Babu in 2011 to invite them to join the party.
There are also reports of differences in the family of `mega brothers`. Pawan Kalyan and Naga Babu played key roles when Chiranjeevi floated Praja Rajyam Party in 2008. They, however, distanced themselves when Chiranjeevi merged the party with the Congress in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out