Person held for uploading obscene photos of woman
Hyderabad: A person was nabbed on Friday for allegedly uploading morphed obscene photos and videos of a young woman on several websites including Facebook after she refused his marriage proposal, police said.
Accused Suresh Patta, a former colleague of the woman had made a marriage proposal to her but she fixed her marriage with an another person, police said. Angered over this, Suresh uploaded photos of the woman and her family members on social networking websites after getting them morphed with porn content and pasted the contact numbers of the victim s fiance in order to break their marriage, a police officer said.
However, the victim and her fiance lodged a complaint with the Cyber Crime Police at Central Crime Station who traced the IP addresses of the accused and apprehended him and also seized the laptop, a cell phone and a pen drive used in the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination