Petition against my promotion not maintainable: Andhra DGP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director General of
Police K Aravinda Rao on Wednesday filed a counter affidavit before
the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) here contending that
the plea of Principal Home Secretary P Gautam Kumar against
his promotion as DGP was not maintainable.
Kumar had challenged the appointment of Rao as the head
of the state police before the Tribunal in September, saying
it was done in violation of IPS cadre rules.
Kumar claimed that the state government overlooked his
seniority while promoting Rao and six other officers of 1977
batch of IPS (in May this year), which he termed as an
The CAT, after admitting the petition of Kumar had asked
the respondents including the State and the Central
governments to file their counters before it.
In his reply, Rao submitted, "The applicant (Gautam
Kumar) having also been a beneficiary of being promoted to the
rank of DGP cannot challenge the policy or system in relation
to any other member of the service."
Referring to Kumar`s contention that he was better suited
for the post of DGP, Rao submitted, "In any event, this is a
matter which would depend upon the executive and their
appreciation and evaluation of the service record of the
respective officers," and sought for dismissing Kumar`s plea.
Other respondents in the case, the Andhra Pradesh
government and state Director General (Vigilance and
Enforcement Department) V Dinesh Reddy also filed their
counter affidavits before the CAT.
The CAT bench then posted the matter to November 16.
Kumar belongs to the 1975 batch of IPS, while Rao is of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday