Pharma company unit gutted in fire in AP
Visakhapatnam: A pharmaceutical company unit was gutted when fire broke out at Ramky pharma city in Paradava mandal of the district, fire officials said.
The equipment and chemicals of the Aputus Pharma company were completely gutted in the blaze which occurred late last night in a three-storeyed building, they said.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service that took around five hours to control the flames.
The mishap apparently occurred due to a short-circuit and leakage of diesel in the company, they said.
There was no casualties and injuries, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter