`Planning fast-track court to try Vaishnavi murder culprits`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on Tuesday said the government was considering setting up a
fast-track court to try the case related to the "gruesome"
murder of 9-year-old Naga Vaishnavi in Vijayawada.
Addressing a press conference after a high-level
review meeting with Home Minister P Sabita Reddy, DGP R R
Girish Kumar and other top police officials here, the Chief
Minister termed the murder as "most gruesome" and said the
government would bring culprits to book.
Vaishnavi was kidnapped and murdered on January 30
allegedly by her close relatives in Vijayawada.
"Rather than trying the case under Criminal Procedure
Code in the normal course, we are planning to set up a
fast-track court to ensure speedy disposal of the case. In
fact, there is such public outcry against this brutal act that
everyone is demanding that the government eliminate the
culprits in an encounter. But, we will have to go by the law,"
the Chief Minister observed.
He said Vaishnavi was previously kidnapped in 2004 as
well but her family "settled" the issue privately and secured
"Even this time, her father Prabhakar did not so much
cooperate with the police in cracking the case. Unfortunately
Prabhakar too died of heart-attack following the shock caused
by his daughter`s death," Rosaiah pointed out.
The state government sent Revenue Minister Dharmana
Prasada Rao, Animal Husbandry Minister K P Sarathy and
`Arogyasri` Minister P Satyanarayana to Vijayawada to console
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30