`Planning fast-track court to try Vaishnavi murder culprits`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on Tuesday said the government was considering setting up a
fast-track court to try the case related to the "gruesome"
murder of 9-year-old Naga Vaishnavi in Vijayawada.
Addressing a press conference after a high-level
review meeting with Home Minister P Sabita Reddy, DGP R R
Girish Kumar and other top police officials here, the Chief
Minister termed the murder as "most gruesome" and said the
government would bring culprits to book.
Vaishnavi was kidnapped and murdered on January 30
allegedly by her close relatives in Vijayawada.
"Rather than trying the case under Criminal Procedure
Code in the normal course, we are planning to set up a
fast-track court to ensure speedy disposal of the case. In
fact, there is such public outcry against this brutal act that
everyone is demanding that the government eliminate the
culprits in an encounter. But, we will have to go by the law,"
the Chief Minister observed.
He said Vaishnavi was previously kidnapped in 2004 as
well but her family "settled" the issue privately and secured
"Even this time, her father Prabhakar did not so much
cooperate with the police in cracking the case. Unfortunately
Prabhakar too died of heart-attack following the shock caused
by his daughter`s death," Rosaiah pointed out.
The state government sent Revenue Minister Dharmana
Prasada Rao, Animal Husbandry Minister K P Sarathy and
`Arogyasri` Minister P Satyanarayana to Vijayawada to console
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi