Plea to attach Jagan Reddy`s properties rejected
Hyderabad: A local court here on Monday rejected on technical grounds CBI’s petition seeking attachment of certain properties of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in disproportionate asset case and Sunil Reddy and Koneru Prasad in connection with Emaar-APIIC land deal.
Deputy Legal Advisor to CBI, B Ravindranath said the court rejected the petition on the ground that the investigating agency did not furnish necessary documents related to properties sought to be attached.
"The court asked us to furnish details like Encumbrance Certificates of all properties. The court gave us one week time. Hopefully, we will be able to file fresh petition in two or three days," Ravindranath said.
The state government had recently issued three separate orders giving permission to CBI to attach the properties of Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure Company owned by Jagan Reddy.
The state government had also permitted CBI to attach properties of industrialist Koneru Prasad and Jagan`s close aide Sunil Reddy in the Emaar Properties scam. Both Prasad and Sunil have been arrested in the Emaar case and are currently in jail.
The Emaar-APIIC case relates to scaling down of the state government`s share in the joint venture allegedly leading to monetary loss to the public exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery