Plea to attach Jagan Reddy`s properties rejected
Hyderabad: A local court here on Monday rejected on technical grounds CBI’s petition seeking attachment of certain properties of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in disproportionate asset case and Sunil Reddy and Koneru Prasad in connection with Emaar-APIIC land deal.
Deputy Legal Advisor to CBI, B Ravindranath said the court rejected the petition on the ground that the investigating agency did not furnish necessary documents related to properties sought to be attached.
"The court asked us to furnish details like Encumbrance Certificates of all properties. The court gave us one week time. Hopefully, we will be able to file fresh petition in two or three days," Ravindranath said.
The state government had recently issued three separate orders giving permission to CBI to attach the properties of Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure Company owned by Jagan Reddy.
The state government had also permitted CBI to attach properties of industrialist Koneru Prasad and Jagan`s close aide Sunil Reddy in the Emaar Properties scam. Both Prasad and Sunil have been arrested in the Emaar case and are currently in jail.
The Emaar-APIIC case relates to scaling down of the state government`s share in the joint venture allegedly leading to monetary loss to the public exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter