PM expresses sorrow over loss of lives in AP bus tragedy
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday expressed sorrow at the death of 45 people in a fire accident in a bus in Andhra Pradesh.
While extending his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families, he wished a speedy recovery to those injured in the accident, an official statement said here.
Forty-five persons were charred to death as the private luxury bus they were travelling in burst into flames after its fuel tank caught fire in Mahbubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh.
The incident occurred when the diesel tank of the Hyderabad-bound bus from Bangalore hit against a culvert, engulfing the bus in flames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list