PM likely to inaugurate UIDAI project in Andhra
Hyderabad: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
expected to launch the nation-wide project of the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in Andhra Pradesh in
the third or fourth week of this month, Chief Minister K
Rosaiah said here today.
The Chief Minister, who chaired the first meeting of the
empowered committee on UIDAI in the Secretariat here, said the
state was ahead of other states in formulating the project.
Andhra Pradesh would complete enrolment of over three
crore people under the UIDAI in the districts of Hyderabad,
Ranga Reddy, Adilabad, East Godavari, Srikakulam, Chittoor and
Anantapur by March 2011, the Chief Minister said.
The enrolment process would cover all regions, tribal
areas and a substantial population of Scheduled Castes, a
press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The Chief Minister was given a presentation on the UIDAI
project on the occasion.
Under the UIDAI, the state government is expected to be a
"registrar" with a high-level committee headed by the Chief
Secretary to anchor it. The existing projects of the state
government could be aligned with the UIDAI.
Ministers of the Empowered Committee on UIDAI Dharmana
Prasada Rao, Sabita Indra Reddy, Botsa Satyanarayana, Aanam
Ramanarayana Reddy and others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials