PM offers central assistance to rain-hit AP
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday spoke to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Reddy in the wake of recent heavy rains causing widespread damage in several parts of the state.
Singh, during the telephonic talk, offered all possible central assistance to the state to meet the situation, PMO sources said.
Earlier in the day, Reddy chaired a high-level review meeting with ministers and senior officials in Hyderabad.
Rain-related incidents have so far claimed 24 lives and damaged crops in 5.25 lakh hectares and horticulture crops in over 24,000 acres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...