PM offers central assistance to rain-hit AP
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday spoke to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Reddy in the wake of recent heavy rains causing widespread damage in several parts of the state.
Singh, during the telephonic talk, offered all possible central assistance to the state to meet the situation, PMO sources said.
Earlier in the day, Reddy chaired a high-level review meeting with ministers and senior officials in Hyderabad.
Rain-related incidents have so far claimed 24 lives and damaged crops in 5.25 lakh hectares and horticulture crops in over 24,000 acres.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why