PM offers central assistance to rain-hit AP
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday spoke to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Reddy in the wake of recent heavy rains causing widespread damage in several parts of the state.
Singh, during the telephonic talk, offered all possible central assistance to the state to meet the situation, PMO sources said.
Earlier in the day, Reddy chaired a high-level review meeting with ministers and senior officials in Hyderabad.
Rain-related incidents have so far claimed 24 lives and damaged crops in 5.25 lakh hectares and horticulture crops in over 24,000 acres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack