PM offers central assistance to rain-hit AP
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday spoke to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Reddy in the wake of recent heavy rains causing widespread damage in several parts of the state.
Singh, during the telephonic talk, offered all possible central assistance to the state to meet the situation, PMO sources said.
Earlier in the day, Reddy chaired a high-level review meeting with ministers and senior officials in Hyderabad.
Rain-related incidents have so far claimed 24 lives and damaged crops in 5.25 lakh hectares and horticulture crops in over 24,000 acres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city