Polavaram project: BJP asks Cong, TRS not to fan sentiments
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh unit BJP president K Hari Babu on Sunday asked leaders of TRS and Congress to refrain from making provocative statements over the passage of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill in Lok Sabha.
The passage of the bill in the Lower House recently has paved the way to aid the construction of the ambitious Polavaram project.
Addressing a press conference here, Hari Babu said that the project was very much important for Andhra Pradesh as it will bring more land under irrigation.
Taking a dig at Congress over the passage of the bill, Haribabu said that the ordinance to club seven mandals from Khammam district of Telangana had in fact been brought by the erstwhile Manmohan Singh government.
"It is wrong on the part of senior Congress leader from Telangana, S Jaipal Reddy to oppose clubbing of seven mandals (under the bill) because as a minister he did not oppose the ordinance which was passed by the Cabinet," he said, adding that Polavaram project will not only benefit Andhra Pradesh but also Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
The BJP leader termed as "unfair" the opposition to the bill by TRS on the ground of its constitutional validity.
"It`s unfair on the part of TRS leaders to say that passing of the AP Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill under Article 3 was unconstitutional as Telangana state has been formed under the same article," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!