Police arrests notorious gang of cheats in AP
Hyderabad: The police arrested a notorious cheat today, along with three others, including his two wives, who they alleged were involved in several cases of cheating the public to the tune of around Rs 10 crore.
On receiving a tip-off, a special team arrested, Jinna Srikant, his two wives Jinna Mita and Jinna Ahalya, besides one M Venkat Reddy from Kompally, the police said.
Police seized five vehicles, three computers and electronic gadgets besides documents pertaining to immovable properties measuring 42 acres of land and gold ornaments worth Rs 5 lakh, allegedly purchased with money misappropriated from victims.
The accused had placed advertisements claiming that huge money could be earned by investing in various schemes run by them, within a short period of time, an official press release said.
They lured the public with initial subscriptions of Rs 13,680 per month for a period of two years with attractive returns.
Later, they cheated their victims by not returning their amounts, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan