Police arrests notorious gang of cheats in AP
Hyderabad: The police arrested a notorious cheat today, along with three others, including his two wives, who they alleged were involved in several cases of cheating the public to the tune of around Rs 10 crore.
On receiving a tip-off, a special team arrested, Jinna Srikant, his two wives Jinna Mita and Jinna Ahalya, besides one M Venkat Reddy from Kompally, the police said.
Police seized five vehicles, three computers and electronic gadgets besides documents pertaining to immovable properties measuring 42 acres of land and gold ornaments worth Rs 5 lakh, allegedly purchased with money misappropriated from victims.
The accused had placed advertisements claiming that huge money could be earned by investing in various schemes run by them, within a short period of time, an official press release said.
They lured the public with initial subscriptions of Rs 13,680 per month for a period of two years with attractive returns.
Later, they cheated their victims by not returning their amounts, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...