Police crack Hyderabad temple burglary cases
Hyderabad: Following the arrest of two persons, the city police on Saturday claimed to have cracked a series of temple burglary cases that took place over a period of past two months here.
A number of burglaries had taken place at the temples in various parts of the city leading to tension in the communally-sensitive localities in the old city.
"Special police teams had been formed to detect the temple theft cases, who finally zeroed in on two persons, who were allegedly involved in the thefts. The cases had posed a challenge before police," city Police Commissioner Anurag Shamra told reporters here on Saturday.
About two kg of silver ornaments and utensils and some gold ornaments have been recovered from the arrested, he said.
While Mohammad Hussain Ali alias Ghouse was taken into custody yesterday, his friend Shaik Hyder alias Mahboob was arrested today, the Commissioner said.
The arrested have confessed to have committed 18 burglaries at temples, including Mahankali temple at Lal Darwaza and Uppuguda, Hanuman temple and Durga Maisamma temple at Golnaka, Sharma said.
The duo used to carry out reconnaissance of the areas pretending as rag pickers before committing thefts in the temples during night time, he said.
To a query, the police commissioner said that all the security arrangement has been made for tomorrow`s `Moharrum procession` and that the situation in old city was peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof