Police crack nine months old murder case in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: The mystery over a man`s brutal murder here nine months ago was solved today which the Government Railway Police (GRP) arresting the accused.
The sensational murder came to light on July 16, 2012, when body parts were found stuffed in two bags, which were dumped at Visakhapatnam railway station.
The body was later identified as that of J Ramakrishna (30), who was unmarried and employed with Animal Husbandry Department of the State Government. He was a native of Achanta town in West Godavari district.
Love affairs led to the murder and the suspect, K Ramesh (25), a native of D Savaram village in East Godavari district, has confessed to the crime, Superintendent of Police GRP (Vijayawada) Syam Prasad told reporters here.
Ramakrishna had developed relations with a widow and her two daughters. Ramesh later married the elder daughter of the widow. On coming to know of Ramakrishna`s affairs with his wife and others, Ramesh decided to eliminate him, he said.
Ramesh invited Ramakrishna for lunch on July 15 at his in-laws` house. Later they went to an isolated place, where both consumed liquor, Syam Prasad said.
After Ramakrishna lost consciousness, Ramesh hit him on his neck with a sharp-edged weapon. He chopped the body into elven parts and stuffed them in two bags.
Ramesh boarded a train at Tadepallegudem in West Godavari and came to Vizag railway station, where he dumped the bags and fled, he said.
The accused would be produced in a local court tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal