Police raid pub in Hyderabad; 60 detained, 3 staffers held
Hyderabad: Police raided a pub in wee hours Tuesday and detained at least 60 persons for allegedly dancing in vulgar manner besides arresting three staffers of the entertainment outlet here.
Acting on a tip-off that a party had been organised at `Pulse Lounge`, where participants were dancing in vulgar manner and making obscene gestures, a police team raided the pub at around 1 AM, a senior official said.
Sixty persons were rounded up from the spot and taken to Panjagudda Police Station, from where they were released on payment of surety bonds, he said.
However, three staffers of the pub Akula Anandth (Manager), S Vikramnan (bar in-charge) and Ajay (Event Manager) were placed under arrest.
They were booked under IPC Section 294 (obscene acts and songs), relevant sections of the Andhra Pradesh Excise Act (for serving liquor beyond legal closing time of 11 pm) and also Hyderabad City Police Act, police said.
Further investigation was on after which necessary action will be initiated against the pub owner, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs