Police raid pub in Hyderabad; 60 detained, 3 staffers held
Hyderabad: Police raided a pub in wee hours Tuesday and detained at least 60 persons for allegedly dancing in vulgar manner besides arresting three staffers of the entertainment outlet here.
Acting on a tip-off that a party had been organised at `Pulse Lounge`, where participants were dancing in vulgar manner and making obscene gestures, a police team raided the pub at around 1 AM, a senior official said.
Sixty persons were rounded up from the spot and taken to Panjagudda Police Station, from where they were released on payment of surety bonds, he said.
However, three staffers of the pub Akula Anandth (Manager), S Vikramnan (bar in-charge) and Ajay (Event Manager) were placed under arrest.
They were booked under IPC Section 294 (obscene acts and songs), relevant sections of the Andhra Pradesh Excise Act (for serving liquor beyond legal closing time of 11 pm) and also Hyderabad City Police Act, police said.
Further investigation was on after which necessary action will be initiated against the pub owner, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees