Police raid pub in Hyderabad; 60 detained, 3 staffers held
Hyderabad: Police raided a pub in wee hours Tuesday and detained at least 60 persons for allegedly dancing in vulgar manner besides arresting three staffers of the entertainment outlet here.
Acting on a tip-off that a party had been organised at `Pulse Lounge`, where participants were dancing in vulgar manner and making obscene gestures, a police team raided the pub at around 1 AM, a senior official said.
Sixty persons were rounded up from the spot and taken to Panjagudda Police Station, from where they were released on payment of surety bonds, he said.
However, three staffers of the pub Akula Anandth (Manager), S Vikramnan (bar in-charge) and Ajay (Event Manager) were placed under arrest.
They were booked under IPC Section 294 (obscene acts and songs), relevant sections of the Andhra Pradesh Excise Act (for serving liquor beyond legal closing time of 11 pm) and also Hyderabad City Police Act, police said.
Further investigation was on after which necessary action will be initiated against the pub owner, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city