Police thrash murder suspects in public view in Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur: In a shocking incident, police in Guntakal town, allegedly thrashed in a full public view four suspects arrested for murder, to "counsel" them.
The footage of the incident, which reportedly occurred yesterday, was telecast today by local news channels.
Police picked up one Sekhar for allegedly murdering his father-in-law Mallaiah (65), along with his accomplices Somu, Peddanna alias Peddi and Hussain, on November 27 at Old Bus Stand in the town.
They took all the four suspects to the place of crime yesterday. As per the footage aired by news channels, the four were seen kneeling down with their hands folded and police officers, including DSP Supraja, inspector Sreenivasulu, and sub-inspector Ismail, hit them repeatedly with sticks. A policeman was also seen slapping the four.
The footage showed the police personnel asking Sekhar`s wife as well as Malliah`s daughter to slap him for the alleged crime.
Shockingly, scores of onlookers jeered the four and cheered police. Some of them recorded the incident on their mobile phones.
When contacted for her reaction on the incident, the DSP refused to comment, saying she was busy.
Sources said local police had held a similar "counselling" few weeks ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'