`Political re-alignment likely in national scenario`
Hyderabad: CPI general secretary S Sudhakar Reddy on Sunday claimed that there were chances of realignment involving political parties in the national scenario.
He cited examples of JD(U), a constituent of NDA, extending support to the UPA Presidential nominee and NCP raising coordination issues with Congress to make his point that an "atmosphere" for future realignment of political forces prevailed.
At a meeting of the party`s Andhra Pradesh state council, Reddy claimed that discontent may grow within BJP too if Narendra Modi is made the party`s prime ministerial candidate and some BJP leaders may even quit their posts as a fallout.
CPI is in favour of a non-Congress as well as non-BJP coalition emerging as an alternative, but it should be based on alternative economic principle and other policies, he said.
He said though the Left parties took a different stance over the presidential election, they would continue to fight together on economic and other issues of public concern.
CPI would continue its campaign on issues like Right to food and also on various regional issues for bringing together various parties on a single platform, which should eventually emerge as a non-Congress, non-BJP alternative.
Left parties like CPI, CPI(M), Forward Bloc and RSP would hold a sit-in at Delhi from tomorrow to August 3 on inflation and Right to food, he said.
A meeting on sub-plans for the welfare of SCs and STs will be organised in Nagpur in August, he said, adding that the party would also support the proposed 48-hour strike of trade unions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued