Poll decision after meeting Reddy: Sreeramulu
Bangalore: Former Karnataka minister and BJP leader B Sreeramulu on Monday said he would announce his decision on contesting the November 30 Bellary Rural bypoll as an independent or as a BJP candidate after meeting former minister G Janardhana Reddy in prison in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
"I will arrive at a decision on either to contest on BJP ticket or as an independent after seeking suggestion from Janardhana Reddy in Chanchalaguda Central Prison in Hyderabad tomorrow. I cannot take a decision unilaterally on the issue," he told reporters after the meeting.
Janardhana Reddy is currently lodged in prison in connection with illegal mining case.
Though BJP observers had called on Sreeramulu in Bellary yesterday to try to convince him to contest as BJP candidate, he has not made any commitment on the issue.
He reportedly is in favour of insisting that the ruling BJP take him back into the ministry if he is asked to contest on the saffron party`s ticket and wins the poll.
The election was necessitated after Sriramulu resigned from his Assembly membership in August, apparently miffed at being denied a ministership.
Sriramulu had stated he resigned because his self-respect suffered a setback after his name figured in the Lokayukta report on illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!