Poll seizure: Over eight crore cash seized in Shamshabad
Hyderabad: An Election Commission-appointed surveillance team on Friday seized Rs 8.18 crore of unaccounted cash from two persons in Shamshabad in poll-bound Andhra Pradesh.
The duo, officials said, were travelling in a bus which was coming from Bangalore when a joint team of police and EC officials intercepted them with the huge amount in the sub-urban area of the state capital.
The seizure occured around 6:30 AM when the bus entered Shamshabad and the seized currency was found to be in the denomination of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Officials said the seizure has been reported to the Income Tax department and the persons were being questioned about the source and destination of the cash.
Polling for 17 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh will be held on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand