Poll seizure: Over eight crore cash seized in Shamshabad
Hyderabad: An Election Commission-appointed surveillance team on Friday seized Rs 8.18 crore of unaccounted cash from two persons in Shamshabad in poll-bound Andhra Pradesh.
The duo, officials said, were travelling in a bus which was coming from Bangalore when a joint team of police and EC officials intercepted them with the huge amount in the sub-urban area of the state capital.
The seizure occured around 6:30 AM when the bus entered Shamshabad and the seized currency was found to be in the denomination of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Officials said the seizure has been reported to the Income Tax department and the persons were being questioned about the source and destination of the cash.
Polling for 17 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh will be held on April 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'