Polytechnic student commits suicide in AP
Kakinada (AP): A student of Andhra Polytechnic allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling at his residence in Babanagar area here Tuesday afternoon after being allegedly insulted by his teachers, police said.
The deceased has been identified as M Jyothi Swaroop (18), a student of fist year, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from his pocket, in which the victim has written that he was taking the extreme step as he was humiliated by the polytechnic principal and the Physical Education teacher.
The body was taken to government hospital in Kakinada for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon