Polytechnic student commits suicide in AP
Kakinada (AP): A student of Andhra Polytechnic allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling at his residence in Babanagar area here Tuesday afternoon after being allegedly insulted by his teachers, police said.
The deceased has been identified as M Jyothi Swaroop (18), a student of fist year, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from his pocket, in which the victim has written that he was taking the extreme step as he was humiliated by the polytechnic principal and the Physical Education teacher.
The body was taken to government hospital in Kakinada for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test