Polytechnic student commits suicide in AP
Kakinada (AP): A student of Andhra Polytechnic allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling at his residence in Babanagar area here Tuesday afternoon after being allegedly insulted by his teachers, police said.
The deceased has been identified as M Jyothi Swaroop (18), a student of fist year, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from his pocket, in which the victim has written that he was taking the extreme step as he was humiliated by the polytechnic principal and the Physical Education teacher.
The body was taken to government hospital in Kakinada for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown