Post-bypoll rout, AP govt to explain `achievements`
Hyderabad: Apparently realising that lack of adequate publicity about the government schemes is one of the reasons for the defeat of Congress in the recent bypolls, the Andhra Pradesh Government has decided to launch a media interaction initiative to explain its achievements.
The government will be launching `Praja Hitham (pubic interest)`, a weekly media interactive exercise, tomorrow which is aimed at highlighting its achievements.
"The programme highlights the achievements of the government in implementation of various developmental and welfare programmes for the uplifting of various sections of the society both in rural and urban areas," Commissioner of Information and Pubic Relations said in a release today.
It would also focus on showcasing impact of success of government programmes, the achievements at the field level and its visibility, its shorts-comings and measures to over come them, explaining efforts being made by the departments for the maximum gain and reach of the public, the release said.
Every Thursday, the minister concerned will interact with media on schemes launched by his/her department. To start with, Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana will interact with media tomorrow on issues concerning his department.
Congress won only two of the 18 Assembly seats where bypolls were held on June 12. YSR Congress of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy swept the polls, winning in 15 Assembly segments and also the lone Lok Sabha constituency, which went to bypoll. TRS got one Assembly seat.
One of the principal reasons attributed for the ruling party`s crushing defeat in the bypolls was the lack of adequate publicity about the government-sponsored welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO