Post `march`, Cong, AP ministers meet to discuss Telangana
Hyderabad: A day after the `Telangana March`, the ruling Congress MPs and Andhra Pradesh ministers from Telangana region on Monday discussed ways to take forward their struggle for achieving separate statehood.
The meeting was attended by several Congress MPs, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha and other ministers from Telangana region.
"We discussed yesterday`s `march` in detail. The Deputy Chief Minister and other ministers would talk to the MLAs and also other ministers. We will all sit together in future and decide on how to achieve separate Telangana," Congress MP G Sukhender Reddy told reporters.
The Telangana Congress MPs have been in the forefront of separate statehood agitation.
During the `Telangana March` yesterday, they sought to meet the Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy over the preventive detention of Telangana supporters coming to Hyderabad to attend the march. They held a dharna at the Chief Minister`s Camp Office as Reddy did not meet them.
The `march` organised by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) was marred by violent incidents. Though the organisers asked the supporters to stay put at the venue even after the permitted time expired, they ended the event shortly before midnight due to inclement weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj