Post `march`, Cong, AP ministers meet to discuss Telangana
Hyderabad: A day after the `Telangana March`, the ruling Congress MPs and Andhra Pradesh ministers from Telangana region on Monday discussed ways to take forward their struggle for achieving separate statehood.
The meeting was attended by several Congress MPs, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha and other ministers from Telangana region.
"We discussed yesterday`s `march` in detail. The Deputy Chief Minister and other ministers would talk to the MLAs and also other ministers. We will all sit together in future and decide on how to achieve separate Telangana," Congress MP G Sukhender Reddy told reporters.
The Telangana Congress MPs have been in the forefront of separate statehood agitation.
During the `Telangana March` yesterday, they sought to meet the Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy over the preventive detention of Telangana supporters coming to Hyderabad to attend the march. They held a dharna at the Chief Minister`s Camp Office as Reddy did not meet them.
The `march` organised by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) was marred by violent incidents. Though the organisers asked the supporters to stay put at the venue even after the permitted time expired, they ended the event shortly before midnight due to inclement weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway