Post-split, Minister Raju to push for Seemandhra development
Rajahmundry: Union Minister and Congress leader M M Pallam Raju on Friday said if the division of Andhra Pradesh appears inevitable, he will strive to bring investments for development of the parent state.
Raju, a strong votary of a united Andhra Pradesh, said if the bifurcation takes place, he will ensure Seemandhra (coastal AP and Rayalseema) does not lose out on funds.
"I am a supporter of united Andhra Pradesh. (But) if the division of Andhra Pradesh is inevitable, I will strive to bring investments for development of the State (Seemandhra)," the Lok Sabha MP from Kakinada said here in East Godavari district.
He was talking to reporters after inaugurating parks.
The State will be developed on all fronts with the investments, he added.
Raju said Central Ministers from Seemandhra will attend a meeting conveyed by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on AP bifurcation on November 18 and explain their stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you