Post-split, Minister Raju to push for Seemandhra development
Rajahmundry: Union Minister and Congress leader M M Pallam Raju on Friday said if the division of Andhra Pradesh appears inevitable, he will strive to bring investments for development of the parent state.
Raju, a strong votary of a united Andhra Pradesh, said if the bifurcation takes place, he will ensure Seemandhra (coastal AP and Rayalseema) does not lose out on funds.
"I am a supporter of united Andhra Pradesh. (But) if the division of Andhra Pradesh is inevitable, I will strive to bring investments for development of the State (Seemandhra)," the Lok Sabha MP from Kakinada said here in East Godavari district.
He was talking to reporters after inaugurating parks.
The State will be developed on all fronts with the investments, he added.
Raju said Central Ministers from Seemandhra will attend a meeting conveyed by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on AP bifurcation on November 18 and explain their stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brabus's 850PS S-Class is the world's fastest cabriolet
- Gazing at smartphone in the dark may cause 'blindness'
- Kangana Ranaut launches short film 'Kriti', clicks selfie with Farah Khan—Watch now!
- SBI PO Admit Card 2016, SBI PO 2016 Prelims, SBI PO 2016 Prelims hall tickets: Download at sbi.co.in
- Myanmar’s Suu Kyi to visit troubled diaspora in Thailand