Posters calling armed struggle for Telangana in Osmania Univ
Hyderabad: Posters have been found on the Osmania University campus asking youths to join an "armed struggle to achieve Telangana state," prompting police to launch a probe into it.
Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy today said the police was "seriously probing" the incident.
Over 200 posters were found in several hostels and other places on the OU campus, the hotbed of Telangana agitation for the last few years, asking the students to start the armed struggle, saying "only a militant struggle could lead to Telangana state formation."
The posters further stated that only an armed struggle would lead to separation of Telangana and students being in the forefront of the movement should be prepared for it.
Reacting to queries over the posters, the AP Police chief told reporters that all such posters will be verified and proper investigation would be conducted into it.
"It is not that it will be left just like that. It will be seriously probed... The entire thing is being looked into and necessary follow up action is being initiated," Dinesh Reddy said.
OU campus had witnessed violent clashes between the police and students during the separate statehood agitation since November 2009.
Meanwhile, Osmania University police said posters on the campus are suspected to be put up by an organisation `Telangana Peoples Liberation Front` and they have registered a case under relevant sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie