Power problems in Andhra Pradesh may continue
Hyderabad: Power woes of citizens of Andhra Pradesh are likely to continue for another few months as the state government`s efforts to buy additional electricity from outside sources is bearing no fruit due to "corridor constraints".
Officials of the Power Transmission Corporation of AP (AP Transco) told Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, during a high-level review meeting here today, that only about 1500 MW of power, as against 3000 MW ordered since June, was likely to be available from outside sources because of corridor constraints in the new grid.
Discussions were being held with the suppliers in this regard. The state is currently facing a shortfall of 36.66 million units (mu) of power per day with the average demand touching 255.53 mu.
However, the shortfall is expected to fall to 20.99 mu next month, but again go up to 40 mu in September.
Officials said the 800 MW first unit of Krishnapatnam power plant and 520 MW of Hindustan power plant would be commissioned this year along with 50 MW of Sagar Tail Pond.
Another 255 MW from Tuticorin power plant and 120 MW from the Central power generating stations was expected to be drawn to the state to tide over the current crisis.
Officials said use of solar water heaters could be made mandatory in the newly-constructed individual houses.
Officials also said Krishnapatnam Unit-2 (800 MW), Kakatiya (600 MW) and Hinduja Unit-2 (520 MW) would be commissioned during 2014.
Besides, 500 MW of solar and 500 MW of wind energy were likely to be added to the grid, making an additional 4745 MW of power available by 2013-2014.
Transco Chairman and Managing Director Suresh Chanda and other senior officials attended the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence