Prank caller nabbed by Hyderabad police
Hyderabad: An 18-year-old youth, who allegedly made hundreds of prank calls giving false information about bombs planted in places such as Andhra Pradesh Assembly, Charminar and a corporate hospital over the last month, was on Friday arrested.
G Raju, native of East Godavari district, is also accused of making prank calls to the ambulance service. Police seized four cell phones and five SIM cards from his possession.
Raju, who works as an office boy at a construction company`s office in Banjara Hills area, allegedly made hundreds of calls to police control room. The calls would send the police into tizzy.
He once allegedly called the police and claimed to have planted a bomb to kill former minister and Congress MLA P Shankar Rao, police said.
He would also call the `108` ambulance services to inform about `suicide` or `accident`, seeking ambulance. Calls would be made using different SIM cards. North Zone Task Force Team finally zeroed in on him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!