President, Prime Minister to visit Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Andhra Pradesh separately on Saturday and Sunday.
While the President is coming for a darshan of Lord Venkateswara atop Tirumala Hills, the Prime Minister will witness the 100th space mission of ISRO at Sriharikota.
The President, along with his family, will reach Tirupati from Chennai on Saturday evening and proceed to Tirumala Hills in Chittoor district.
After an overnight stay on the Hills, he will pay obeisance to Lord Venkateswara in early hours of Sunday, according to Chittoor Collector Solomon Arokia Raj.
The President will inaugurate a newly-constructed guest house complex, Nandakam, of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and proceed to Tiruchanoor for a darshan of Goddess Padmavathi. After that, he will fly back to New Delhi on Sunday afternoon, the Collector said.
The Prime Minister will reach the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota by a special aircraft on Saturday evening for an overnight stay.
On Sunday morning, he will witness the launch of PSLV C-21, which will be ISRO`s 100th space mission. He will return to New Delhi on Sunday afternoon, according to the Chief Minister`s Office.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will first receive the Prime Minister at Sriharikota and then reach Renigunta airport to receive the President, a CMO release said. He will accompany the President on the visit to Tirumala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa