Prime accused in gang-rape case held
Hyderabad: The prime accused in the alleged gang-rape of an 18-year-old girl at a farmhouse in Shaheen Nagar here last month has been arrested, Cyberabad Police said on Friday.
Faisal Dayyani, a gym instructor was arrested yesterday along with two others-- Salam Hamdi, a travel agent and Ali Barakba, an auto driver-- who had provided shelter to Faisal and the other accused, they said.
The victim, along with her fiancé had gone to the farmhouse on July 31. Accused Faisal Dayyani, along with his six associates went to the same farmhouse with an intention to rob, police said.
The accused jumped the boundary wall of the farmhouse and beat up the watchman when he questioned their illegal entry. They then dragged the victim and her fiancé inside a room before beating him up, police said.
After seeing this, the victim started weeping, but the accused pounced on her and stripped her, outraged her modesty and took video pictures with their mobile phones and threatened that they will upload photos and videos on social networking websites, police said adding the accused had even brought a snake to scare away the victims.
"Subsequently, Faisal and three others committed gang- rape on the girl, while three other accused caught hold of the complainant (fiancé). The accused threatened the victims not to shout and robbed Rs 6,000, a gold chain and a ring from them before fleeing," police said.
As the accused threatened to post the videos and photos on social networking sites, the complainant and victim did not disclose facts at the time of lodging FIR on July 31.
However, later they gave full details of the incident, police said.
While three of the accused were arrested on August 7, three others surrendered before the court on August 11.
During the course of investigation, police arrested prime accused Faisal and seized incriminating material evidence, and also arrested two others, a release from police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers