Prisoner on Transit warrant issued against Jagan
Hyderabad: Taking cognisance of the second charge sheet filed in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, a CBI court issued a Prisoner on Transit warrant against him here on Tuesday.
The court also issued summons to two other accused to appear before it on June 11.
Principal special court for CBI cases here issued the warrant and summons stating that it had taken into cognisance the second charge sheet filed by the central agency on April 23.
The court issued the PT warrant as Jaganmohan is currently lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here after being remanded in judicial custody till June 11.
Summons were issued against his financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy (second accused in the case and currently out on bail) and Jagati Publications Pvt Ltd (JPPL), owned by the Kadapa MP, who were charged under relevant sections of IPC.
Meanwhile, CBI SP H Venkatesh re-submitted the third charge sheet (in a prescribed format) in the court after it was earlier returned on May 22, wherein, it was noted that the charge sheet was not in tune with the charges mentioned in the FIR of the case.
In another development, the court authorities wrote a letter to the Ministry of Home Affairs regarding the arrest of Jaganmohan Reddy and his subsequent remand.
The CBI has so far filed three charge sheets in the disproportionate assets case (on March 31, April 23 and May 7) against Jagan and others accusing him of getting investments of several crores from various firms into his own businesses as part of quid-pro-quo, when his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic