Prisoner on Transit warrant issued against Jagan
Hyderabad: Taking cognisance of the second charge sheet filed in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, a CBI court issued a Prisoner on Transit warrant against him here on Tuesday.
The court also issued summons to two other accused to appear before it on June 11.
Principal special court for CBI cases here issued the warrant and summons stating that it had taken into cognisance the second charge sheet filed by the central agency on April 23.
The court issued the PT warrant as Jaganmohan is currently lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here after being remanded in judicial custody till June 11.
Summons were issued against his financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy (second accused in the case and currently out on bail) and Jagati Publications Pvt Ltd (JPPL), owned by the Kadapa MP, who were charged under relevant sections of IPC.
Meanwhile, CBI SP H Venkatesh re-submitted the third charge sheet (in a prescribed format) in the court after it was earlier returned on May 22, wherein, it was noted that the charge sheet was not in tune with the charges mentioned in the FIR of the case.
In another development, the court authorities wrote a letter to the Ministry of Home Affairs regarding the arrest of Jaganmohan Reddy and his subsequent remand.
The CBI has so far filed three charge sheets in the disproportionate assets case (on March 31, April 23 and May 7) against Jagan and others accusing him of getting investments of several crores from various firms into his own businesses as part of quid-pro-quo, when his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city