Prisoners take computer education in Osmanabad jail
Osmanabad: They are behind bars serving sentences, but that has not stopped them from acquiring modern knowledge and obtaining religious bliss.
Seventy prisoners lodged in the District Central Jail here are taking advance education in computer technology. Some of these prisoners are undergoing life sentences.
"We had announced to impart computer education and asked prisoners who are interested to apply. We have received a positive response and 70 of them are doing the course," Jail
Superintendent Padmakar Bhalerao told reporters.
The course will help the prisoners to start business and become independent after completion of their jail term. It would help them start a new life post their release, he said.
"We are also giving them spiritual knowledge with the help of Prajapati Brahamkumari Institute."
Notably, Osmanabad jail is Maharashtra`s first prison that had started a solar project a few years ago. Six solar panels have been installed to harness energy.
The jail was established in 1924 during Nizam?s regime. The jail`s 158 prisoners, who had appeared for examination on Gandhian principles, have cleared it,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM