Pro-Andhra Pradesh groups call bandh in 13 Seemandhra districts
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: With YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy set to walk out of the Chanchalguda Jail, the united Andhra Pradesh groups have called for a bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra on Tuesday.
According to reports, a transport strike has been called by the pro-Andhra Pradesh supporters, which is expected to hit Tirumala pilgrims stranded till evening.
Transport facilities and government schools have been shut for more than 40 days now.
Lakhs of government employees too have boycotted duties, going without pay, protesting a divided Andhra Pradesh.
The YSR Congress leader was given bail after 16 months in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him and his close business associates.
His release is likely to further boost the ongoing protests over the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for creating a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route