Pro-Andhra Pradesh groups call bandh in 13 Seemandhra districts
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: With YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy set to walk out of the Chanchalguda Jail, the united Andhra Pradesh groups have called for a bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra on Tuesday.
According to reports, a transport strike has been called by the pro-Andhra Pradesh supporters, which is expected to hit Tirumala pilgrims stranded till evening.
Transport facilities and government schools have been shut for more than 40 days now.
Lakhs of government employees too have boycotted duties, going without pay, protesting a divided Andhra Pradesh.
The YSR Congress leader was given bail after 16 months in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him and his close business associates.
His release is likely to further boost the ongoing protests over the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for creating a separate state of Telangana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know