Pro-Andhra Pradesh groups call bandh in 13 Seemandhra districts
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: With YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy set to walk out of the Chanchalguda Jail, the united Andhra Pradesh groups have called for a bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra on Tuesday.
According to reports, a transport strike has been called by the pro-Andhra Pradesh supporters, which is expected to hit Tirumala pilgrims stranded till evening.
Transport facilities and government schools have been shut for more than 40 days now.
Lakhs of government employees too have boycotted duties, going without pay, protesting a divided Andhra Pradesh.
The YSR Congress leader was given bail after 16 months in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him and his close business associates.
His release is likely to further boost the ongoing protests over the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for creating a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam