Pro-Andhra Pradesh groups call bandh in 13 Seemandhra districts
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: With YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy set to walk out of the Chanchalguda Jail, the united Andhra Pradesh groups have called for a bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra on Tuesday.
According to reports, a transport strike has been called by the pro-Andhra Pradesh supporters, which is expected to hit Tirumala pilgrims stranded till evening.
Transport facilities and government schools have been shut for more than 40 days now.
Lakhs of government employees too have boycotted duties, going without pay, protesting a divided Andhra Pradesh.
The YSR Congress leader was given bail after 16 months in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him and his close business associates.
His release is likely to further boost the ongoing protests over the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for creating a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH