Pro-Jagan MLAs meet Andhra Pradesh Governor
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on the
ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh, MLAs, who quit in support
of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Tuesday met Governor ESL Narasimhan and apprised him about the alleged attempt to
malign the image of late Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
"Nowhere in the history of India we find allegations
being made against a deceased leader. Even in Bofors case,
Rajiv Gandhi`s name was not mentioned after his death. But
Rajasekhara Reddy`s name was mentioned in the FIR (of CBI). We
told Governor about these issues," Jagan-loyalist MLA P
Subhash Chandra Bose told reporters after meeting Governor.
The CBI is used only to target opposition leaders in the
country, he alleged.
He was referring to the reported mention of Rajasekhara
Reddy`s name in the FIR filed by CBI in the case related to
The state government should have filed a petition in the
court over the cases, he said.
The MLAs also told the Governor that they want their
resignations accepted by the Assembly Speaker at the earliest.
They had yesterday asked Speaker N Manohar to accept their
Twenty-nine MLAs loyal to Jagan, including two from TDP
and one from erstwhile Praja Rajyam, had quit their posts last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price