Pro-Jagan MLAs meet Andhra Pradesh Governor
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on the
ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh, MLAs, who quit in support
of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Tuesday met Governor ESL Narasimhan and apprised him about the alleged attempt to
malign the image of late Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
"Nowhere in the history of India we find allegations
being made against a deceased leader. Even in Bofors case,
Rajiv Gandhi`s name was not mentioned after his death. But
Rajasekhara Reddy`s name was mentioned in the FIR (of CBI). We
told Governor about these issues," Jagan-loyalist MLA P
Subhash Chandra Bose told reporters after meeting Governor.
The CBI is used only to target opposition leaders in the
country, he alleged.
He was referring to the reported mention of Rajasekhara
Reddy`s name in the FIR filed by CBI in the case related to
The state government should have filed a petition in the
court over the cases, he said.
The MLAs also told the Governor that they want their
resignations accepted by the Assembly Speaker at the earliest.
They had yesterday asked Speaker N Manohar to accept their
Twenty-nine MLAs loyal to Jagan, including two from TDP
and one from erstwhile Praja Rajyam, had quit their posts last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning