Pro-Telangana activists disrupt book launch
Hyderabad: Two policemen and some journalists were injured when pro-Telangana activists Wednesday disrupted a book release function organised here by a group opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh.
The policemen and journalists were injured when the protestors ransacked the old Press Club at Basheerbagh, where the function was being held. The injured were shifted to a hospital.
Police escorted the speakers to safety when the protestors barged into the meeting hall, broke window panes and tried to attack those on the dais.
Tension prevailed at the Press Club as police arrested students of Osmania University and members of Telangana Advocates` Joint Action Committee (JAC).
The students had arrived to stop Visalandhra Mahasabha from organising the meet. Visalandhra Mahasabha leader P. Prabhakar was also attacked.
The protestors said the book "Rjuvululeni Udyamam" described the movement for separate statehood to Telangana as one without any justification.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India