Pro-Telangana forces should come together: Keshav Rao
Hyderabad: Senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao, who has been vocal in his campaign for separate statehood, Wednesday said that pro-Telangana forces should join hands in their fight for the common cause.
"All pro-Telangana forces should come together in the fight for achieving separate statehood," he told reporters after meeting TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao here.
Rao, a former state Congress president and an ex-member of Rajya Sabha, said he and other Telangana Congress leaders stood by the people when Congress announced that it would not accept the separate statehood demand.
Rao and Congress MPs from Telangana who are at the forefront of separate statehood demand, met last night to discuss their strategy during Parliament session beginning tomorrow.
The MPs indicated that they would step up their efforts to obtain a positive decision on the separate Telangana demand.
Meanwhile, TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K T Rama Rao maintained that the party is the "right forum" for all pro-Telangana leaders of various political hues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police