Pro-Telangana forces should come together: Keshav Rao
Hyderabad: Senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao, who has been vocal in his campaign for separate statehood, Wednesday said that pro-Telangana forces should join hands in their fight for the common cause.
"All pro-Telangana forces should come together in the fight for achieving separate statehood," he told reporters after meeting TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao here.
Rao, a former state Congress president and an ex-member of Rajya Sabha, said he and other Telangana Congress leaders stood by the people when Congress announced that it would not accept the separate statehood demand.
Rao and Congress MPs from Telangana who are at the forefront of separate statehood demand, met last night to discuss their strategy during Parliament session beginning tomorrow.
The MPs indicated that they would step up their efforts to obtain a positive decision on the separate Telangana demand.
Meanwhile, TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K T Rama Rao maintained that the party is the "right forum" for all pro-Telangana leaders of various political hues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video